Year 3

....Fighting ignorance and apathy one class period at a time...

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Nice Try, Rookie

This morning I sent out a carefully composed email (to the entire staff of the school) outlining how the CCCHS Student Council would be commemerating the 10 year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on Friday, September 10, 2010.

Approximately 5 minutes later I got a response from Officer Brumfield, our School Resource Officer, reminding me that 2010 - 2001 = 9.... NOT 10.

I got out my calculator. I counted on my fingers. He was correct.

I took another swig of luke-warm coffee, swallowed hard, and sent out another email telling the entire staff that this had been their one-year advance notice about the commemeration of the 10 year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks that the CCCHS Student Council will be hosting NEXT year.

Geesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment