Year 3

....Fighting ignorance and apathy one class period at a time...

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Elves

Last night, on the way to our second christmas program of the evening, Julia said "Santa is fake".  She said this in a very matter-of-fact and no-nonsense manner.

I said, "Yes, Santa is fake." 

Julia said "Some kids think he is real. "

"Yes, " I replied, "Some kids think he is real."

"But if he is fake, why does he come down the chimney?"

"Well, he doesn't really do that.  That part is fake too."  I said.

"Oh".

She thought about this for a minute.

I asked her "So, who do you think buys you those presents that you thought were from Santa?"

She thought for another minute and then replied with a confidant nod of her head,  "It's the Elves."

Hmmm... Maybe she is not as clear on the whole story as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment